JCW Tuning Kit の装着が完了しました。
- スパークプラグの交換の際は、NGK BKR 7EQUP を使うこと。
The first JCW Tuning Kit to be made available for the Cooper S was an upgrade for the Cooper S, producing a total of 200 bhp (150 kW). Released in 2002, the kit consisted of the following components:
- Uprated cylinder head, gas-flowed and ported
- Uprated supercharger, faster-spinning
- Uprated spark plugs
- Uprated exhaust system
- Remapped ECU
- Decorative badges, individually numbered engine plate and certificate signed by Mike Cooper
At the time, the kit could not be factory-ordered, but had to be retrofitted at a Mini dealer, but from late 2005 the Cooper S could be ordered with the upgrade straight from factory.
In 2005, an additional upgrade was launched that increased power even more, to 210 bhp (160 kW), with the following components:
- Uprated injectors
- Remapped ECU for the injectors
- Uprated air intake system and air filter
A “JCW Sound Kit” was made available at the same time, consisting of the cat-back exhaust and the air filter, giving a sportier exhaust note and a 3 bhp (2.2 kW) power increase for around €1100.